LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suffering tenant   17 May 2022

Plaintiff not filing hard copy

The dispute for recovery of rent is in the court.The honourable judge have over the previous 2 hearings have been asking the plaintiff to file the hard copy of case.proxy counsel keeps appearing. They have filed photocopies only. WS reply filed 6 months ago by us. No original plaint filed.only affidavit 

What are my options as a defendant. Thank you

Learning

6 Replies

Parasar   17 May 2022

file cost petitions, seek early dates, and then let's see what happens.
1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 May 2022

The defendant may seek dismissal of the suit for wilful and continued neglect to cure the defect.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2022

@ suffering tenant,

What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you who has drafted written statement for you and is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case ?

Why do you need second opinion qua your rights when plaintiff did not file hard copy of plaint as directed by the Court ?

Suffering tenant   20 May 2022

He has absolutely no qualms.my engaged person has nothing to say. He continues to charge me for every date but if its dragging, he has no issues.Past 2 hearings, no business conducted because of plaintiff unprofessional attitude. I wonder what to do

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 May 2022

If so it will be better to change your lawyer.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 May 2022

"The honourable judge have over the previous 2 hearings have been asking the plaintiff to file the hard copy of case". . Does it mean that the Hon'ble court took siesin of the case based on secondary documents? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register