LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pratiksha   17 July 2022

Pf overlapping service

Hi, I recently raised a claim for PF transfer through online EPFO portal and selected attestation through previous employer. My previous employer approved and initiated transfer of funds, but the field office rejected claim stating that there is service overlap , change the joining date. My date of exit from previous employer is 14.02.2022 and Date of joining new employer is also 14.02.2022. My actual date of leaving agreed with previous employer was 13.02.2022 but since it was a non-working day, it was pushed to 14.02.2022. Now both employers are not ready to change the date. What should I do in order to transfer the PF ?

Learning

10 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 July 2022

You may escalate your grievance with higher authorities in the PF Organisation.

1 Like

pavan krishna   18 November 2022

Hello Sir,
My previous company gave me reliving documents as Jan 31st 2022 which is correct date and then they paid me salary for removing me from company without serving notice period. so I took Mt reliving documents which shows Jan 31st 2022 and joined in New company March 30th 2022 . Now the old company updated the date of exit in EPFO was My last working day as March 30th 2022.
when I ask my old company about this dates they are saying we cannot change its your mistake.
so here issue is old company - official reliving documents dated as 31st Jan 2022.
on epfo it's 31st March 2022
I joined in New company in 30th March 2022.

Now old company is not helping to change the date as per there given reliving documents.

please suggest how to solve this.

thanks
pavan

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2022

Are you facing any issues because of this overlap?

1 Like

Pratiksha   17 June 2023

Hi Sir, MY PF amount was transferred to the new organisation and same has been confirmed by my new organisation. However, in PF portal, the claim is still shown as 'Rejected by field office'. What should I do ? Will this create problem if I change company again ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 June 2023

this is unnecessary objection.      

Abhilash Abhi   10 August 2023

Hi, I have raised transfer of PF through online EPFO portal.My previous employer approved and initiated transfer of funds, but in new account still it was not credited and also in old PF account shows as transferred to new account number. When i visited Bangalore RO office they said that service overlap in previous organisations. My date of exit from previous employer is 31.10.2018 and Date of joining new employer is also 26.10.2018. My actual date of leaving agreed with previous employer was 20.10.2018. Now both employers are not ready to change the date. What should I do in order to transfer the PF ?

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=225046

Kunal Thakur   19 January 2024

Hi Sir,

I have a service overlap of 8 days. But both the establishment are reluctant to change the dates. To whom should i contact in EPFO department higher authority? Kindly advice.

sridhar T r   09 February 2024

I work in company A while work in A trying for other job for better opportunity and I take 3 days leave and attend on interview selected in B and mark that as joining date after 2 weeks only give releave letter in company A. 
Company A- DOJ -Feb 2022 to 23/7/2022
Company B - DOJ -23/07/2022 to Still now after 2 years working B they do BGV and said Their is a  PF service history mistach correct it or it lead termination company B  not ready to help me to change joining date its big MNC then requested in company A to modify that exit date as 05/07/2022. The mistake is mine i am not aware this on that time. 
If company A give Joint declaration form to modify exit means which document self attested is needed  for this scenario to EPFO  to  accept this i am highly worried about my corporate life.Please help me to solve this issue. 
My questions. 
1.If it is possible to change company B exit date as 05/07/2022? 
2.If i got joint declartion from company B means which document need to self attested - EPFO will accept it or not? 
3.Government jobs consider this kind of overlape as big issue incase in future. 

Veeresh B   26 February 2024

Sir I'm working two companies and I have two activities pf account wit one UAN number.....but now I'm merging two accounts but it's showing overlap service what I do sir

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2024

You can sort out with the companies concerned by giving undertaking, if any to the companies to arrive at a solution on this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register