LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   28 April 2020

Perjury on wife

Respected Laywers, Members,

i have filed for divorce in 2014 and later in the same year wife filed maintenance under 125 section. She was working at that time but mentioned she as house wife and no income to look after herself. i have contested it by putting she is working and has suffficient income. This was not taken into consideration due to my lawyer played their side and Judge ordered 5K per month to pay in 2016. Then, i changed lawyer and filed appeal in highcourt - wherein i submitted her IT proofs - it was sent back to lower court for correct measures to take. By this time in lower court.... Judge who ordered 5K was transferred and to my surprise the current Judge at that time ordered 25K to pay instead of discarding the maintenance petition of their or lessen the amount in 2018. 

second time i went for appealing in high court and the same happened this time - she provided her resignation papers at high court and judge clearly stated no new evidences to consider in this case and referred back to lower court. 

Here, i asked my lawyer can we file PERJURY and he filed the same - which is still pending. This application is submitted in Family Court as a complaint. My Divorce was dismissed by Judge and i have appealed it in High Court.

My request to learned counsel and members, please help me understand how i can proceed further with Perjury. Is there any way that I can file a petition in Police Station about it if yes, what grade office i need to approach or, any petition to chief justice in lower court will work... Please guide with your points and it wwill be an added advantage to me and mme to become strong with my appeal in high court for getting divorce. 

Here i have come for solution and not for argue with anyone. Situations for each individual will differ and i request please consider my query and help me out filing PERJURY and success. 




 4 Replies

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     28 April 2020

You stated that you have already filed a petition. Press for the early disposal of the same.

1 Like

Bala   28 April 2020

Respected Sivaprakash,

Thank you so much for replying.

Yes, i have filed a petition but it is submitted in Family Court as a complaint. I understand your statement. However, here my problem is it is not moving though asking for. Would it be possible for moving it to criminal and or filing a petition upon it in CJ or police.


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 April 2020

Dear querist,

Your petition is already filed so you have to find out why it is not moving further. You cannot file another petition before any court. You can consult with another advocate.



Bala   28 April 2020

Respected Shirish,

I completely understand. Thank you. 

Sir, it is just out of curiosity this question is... is there no way or law to bypass it and file complaint. 



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register