LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bk   18 April 2022

pension eligibility of unmarried son

one of my frnd who is aged 45 years unmarried with sound health is eligible father pension after his mother expiry?
my frnd mother is facing severe health issues and my friend is job less and unmarried and no mental illness. please advise.

regards,
karthik

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 April 2022

At Present there is no such possibility, if your friend is having qualifications, pleading employer for a compassionate appointment is the only way.  During the lifetime of a spouse, even after her demise, an elderly son getting such chances of pension is remote.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 April 2022

A son of pensioner, above 18 years of age, is not eligible for family pension.

Divya Vijayan   19 April 2022

Only the following people are eligible for family pension:

• The spouse of the deceased government servant or pensioner.
  • Unmarried sons below the age of 25 years and unmarried or widow or divorced daughters (without any age limit), who are not earning their livelihood.
  • Any child suffering from a mental or physical disability and not earning his nor her livelihood (without any age limit), who are not earning their livelihood.
  • Dependent parents will get family pension till they start earning their livelihood or die.
  • Dependent siblings will get family pension till they start earning their livelihood or die.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 April 2022

No, the said person is not eligible for pension.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register