LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     21 December 2023

Patta transfer - tamil nadu


I have registered the property under my name in Tamil nadu near Krishnagiri. But VAO is not transferring patta to my name and this is because of some miscreants trying to tell VAO not to do transfer.

How can we do patta transfer in this case? Please suggest.


 2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 December 2023

File application befoe the Revenue Commissioner

Sanskriti Tiwari   22 December 2023

The expert Real Soul is right in the context. Transferring patta falls under the ambit of the Revenue Officials like Village Administrative Officer, but if you are facing obstructions in obtaining land ownership, you can adhere to the following steps for ensuring the legal remedy:-

Ø  Ensure all documents are in order, proving your rightful ownership.

Ø  Approach the VAO with all necessary deeds, sale agreements, and records.

Ø  If the VAO refuses without valid reasons, file a written complaint to higher authorities, like the Revenue Divisional Officer (RDO) or the District Collector, explaining the situation and providing evidence.

Ø  Section 100 of the Tamil Nadu Land Revenue Act, 1963, authorises the Revenue Authorities to ensure fair transfer of patta. If the authorities fail to act, consider filing a writ petition in the High Court, citing infringement of your property rights.

Ø  Ensure to maintain all correspondence and evidence for legal proceedings.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More