Patent agent Examination Syllabus and pattern for 2012 January Examination.
Patent agent Examination, January 2012
Patent Agent Examination Notification shall be notified by Ministry of Commerce and Industry in November 2011,
Examination shall be conducted in January 2012.
Pattern of Questions
• Paper I will have 40 objective type questions of one mark each and descripttive type questions of 60 marks.
• Paper II will have a set of two questions (different sets for science and engineering) on drafting of 30 marks each consisting of:
1. Drafting of specification from given claims and background.
2. Drafting of claims from given specification.
and the rest will be descripttive/interpretative type questions of 40 marks.
• Viva-voce examination will be based only on domain knowledge. Essential Qualification
Citizens of India having completed 21 years of age and possessing a degree in science, engineering or technology from any University established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India or possesses such other equivalent qualifications as the Central Government may specify in this behalf.