LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (executive)     23 May 2016

Passport renewal

I am representing my 498a case in person. My passport is going to be expired shortly. I want to sumit a petition before the megistrate for granting his permission. My quiery is wheather I have to submit the petition in plain green paper or it should be in the form of affidavit. Kindly advise.

Regards

Learning

14 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

U can submit UR request to the court on green or white paper.

GO THROUGH THE ATTACHMENT

Attached File : 71947 20160523174956 306832340 dealing passport criminal court pending.pdf downloaded: 86 times

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     23 May 2016

If you are not a GOVT employee then you don’t need any NOC. You can re-new your passport.

Please check my profile links for sample petition and other clues. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     23 May 2016

498A  is a criminal case.Column no 7 {1 to5} of the passport application, clearly deals with criminal involvement of the applicant.One cannot avoid giving wrong credentials,it amounts to suppression of material facts.Hence permission from the concerned court is mandatory.

Q Slinger (NA)     23 May 2016

Originally posted by : Rocky Smith
If you are not a GOVT employee then you don’t need any NOC. You can re-new your passport.

Please check my profile links for sample petition and other clues. 

Wrong sir...if there is a pending criminal cases one must file a petition in the court where the trial is running. Petition should ask for 2 things:

1. Permission for application/renewal of passport

2. Permission for a passport validity for a normal term of 10 years. (If this is not prayed for, the a passport with a validity of 1 year is issued. )

Here is the notification:

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/GSR_570_dtd.pdf

Attached is the format you can use. It can be in either white or green

Also attached is the SC judgments where SC says that ok to renew passport for 10 years.

Attached File : 198519 20160523205107 306853854 passport renewal petition.docx downloaded: 72 times

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     23 May 2016

Thx for giving valuable information. My opinion is, Some times wrong is right and right seems wrong.

Travelling abroad is a constitutional right.

Rahul (executive)     25 May 2016

Dear Sir

Kindly advise wheather the said application needs affixing  of court fee stamp.....If yes, then wheather it would be RS 5 or Rs10 court fee stamps...

Regards

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 May 2016

Court fee stamp varies from state to state.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     25 May 2016

For West Bengal,

Rs. 5 for Judicial Courts.

Rs. 10 for District Courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register