Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     11 October 2008

Partition of property during the lifetime of the owner

X is the recorded owner of land (with building thereon)

(Q.1) X wants to partition the property in 3 equal shares among himself & his two sons Y & Z?

(Q.2) X wants to partition the property in 2 equal shares between his two sons Y & Z?

Can he? if so, how?

He don't want to execute deed of sale/gift or WILLnama.


 4 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 October 2008

well in opinion there can be oral partition or some written family settlement.

but the documentary proof will be more may not be allowed to be transferred at this stage.

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     12 October 2008

dear mr kiran kumar ,

                                         we need some more elaborate discussion and clarification of all points raised and involved.

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     13 October 2008

What if Y or Z files a suit for declaration of right, title over his portion of land in possession and X admits (deposes) that they are possessing their respective share lands since long and on that ground can it be possible.

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     17 October 2008


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query