Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

B.Syed Ambrullah Rahil (Managing Director)     11 February 2013

Partition of property between 6 sisters and 1 brother

Respected Lawyers,

My name is Syed. I am a muslim. I am from Tamil Nadu. My mother is from Karnataka. My mother has five sisters and one brother. My mother's mother(grandmother) passed away long back(1987). My mother's father(grandfather) passed away three months back. He has around 200 acers of coffee estate, two flats, two houses, some major portion of shares and some cash in the bank. There is a rice mill and few more properties which has not been partitioned by thier own brothers. The coffee estate is on all the six sisters and one brother's name. The remaining property, some are in my grandfather's name and some documents my uncle is not ready to show. My mother and I thought that my uncle would give all the sisters thier proper share. But, he is creating problems and he has issues. When my mother went there he said:

1) I will not sell the coffee estate now. The price of the land is very low.

2) Some of the document papers are lost.

3) My father(grandfather) said my daughter(uncle's daughter) also has a share in the flat in mysore.

4) I will not sell both the flats. I will only sell one. The other flat will remain unsold.

5) I will not tolerate if anyone of you would go to court or a lawyer.

My mother and her sisters made a mistake of signing in blank papers. It was not a stamp paper. They did not go to the register office. They just signed in a blank paper. My mother and sisters were told that the signature are for getting the death certificate. My mother and her sisters are not well educated and they are scared of thier brother.

Please advise me what to do. What legal steps shouls i take. All the sisters are not thinking the same way. Two sisters are ready to get whatever he gives. My mother and her three other sisters want thier proper share.

Thank you.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register