Partition agreement in absence of will for property

Hi all,

It was great to find this website and the forum. I appreciate to all lawyers who contribute with their valuable suggestions.

I have a query.

I have a house with is a double storey house. My father passed away without creating a will. I have only one sister. My father verbally had said about his will for the house that the ground floor house belongs to me and the first floor for my sister. We both know about it. But we also have done mutation for the property in both of our names. But now we want to divide it so that we can live our own lives with our respective families. And we want to do it for our next generation so that they dont have to face any such issue.

Also this house is ours but the land on which it is built is given on lease by the govt to build our house and live in Maharasthra.

What I want to know is :

1. what is the procedure for dividing the property with mutual understanding, in the absence of the Will.

2. What are the documents required to facilitate the same.

3. What are the fees and approximate expenses in Nagpur in Maharashtra for doing it.



civil practice

You can do partition deed and get it registered.The documents required for drafting the partition deed are property card,lease rights given to your father,construction plan and its approval and light bills and taxes receipts etc.Take all these documents to an Advocate who is doing conveyancing,he will do needful in the matter.

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks Niranjan. :)




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x