LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishna mamidala   27 August 2023

Parking issue

Hi experts, I have parked my vehicle at Limgampally railway station, Have visited for 15 minutes to the platform, after return parking vendor asked 20 rupees for parking, questioned him on what basis he is charging that money, he said per every 2 hours they will charge 20 rupees, then I asked I have parked only for 15min why don't you charge for 1 hour and take 10 rupees, suddenly some other guy came and argued rudely to give 20 rupees, asked him who are you and why you are interfering, he said he is the parking owner, then I asked him his licence.
Then he came shouting at me and threatening to beat me, I have searched for police officer nearby but found no one, please let me know whom to complaint against this incident. Thank you

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2023

If the parking contract has been given by the local municipality then you can make a complaint with the authorities about the arrogant behavior of the so called owner/contractor of the parking space.

However please note that if the parking charges for first 2 hours is Rs. 20/- you cannot bargain on that, ascertain the facts and then give the complaint

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 August 2023

If you parked the vehicle in the paid parking you have to pay

LCI Thought Leader Adv Harsh Malhotra (Adv)     23 September 2023

Generally parking areas near public places like railway stations, government buildings etc. are awarded to contractors on a public auction basis. The auction document contains the maximum charges the successful contractor would be entitled to charge. Further, the contractor is obliged to publish such rates in the parking area at a conspicuous place.

The parking charges are typically fixed for minimum duration like 1 hour or 2 hour and thereafter charges increase as the time period increases say 6 hrs, 8 hrs or 12 hrs. Thus, even if you parked your vehicle for 15 minutes which less than minimum period you will still be liable to pay for charges applicable for minimum.

You can approach local traffic police officer or office and inquire about the approved parking charges.

Considering that Rs 20, the amount involved,  is very small you need to consider whether it would be worth your while to spend time, efforts and energy in pursuing it.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2023

you have to use RTI to see the contract conditions.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 September 2023

The issue is too trivial to be pursued.

krishna mamidala   07 October 2023

Ohh yes, I know that and have paid too, I think you didn't got what I have mentioned 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register