LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar Kumar (owner)     23 July 2020

Pagdi property

I am landlord of pagdi property . I have 15 pagdi tenants . Also there are 3 sheds which are outside building but inside compound. These sheds have been for many years as illegal construction but regularised first which property tax has been paid. However they are not in the building original plan. They were our servants many many years back. But now 2 generations have changed and we know that people who are staying are relatives of the original servants. We are not taking any rent since past 7 years. 

what is the way to evacuate them? Whenever we speak to them they demand property whenever redevelopment will happen. I really don't know how to get them evacuated from my premises as they keep saying that their ration cards have the shed address and we cannot legally evacuate them. 

please give me your valuable advise on this matter 

Learning

2 Replies

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     24 July 2020

The Section 56 of the Rent Control Act, 1999 legalised the pagdi system when it said that the tenant or any person acting or purporting to act on behalf of the tenant to claim or receive any sum or any consideration, as a condition of the relinquishment, transfer or assignment of his tenancy of any premises.

If the rental agreement has expired or if they are not paying the rent, then the owner can evict the tenant on those grounds by filling a suit for eviction in the competent court of civil jurisdiction.

Rohit Sonavane   24 July 2020

you can evacuate them but, require more details. email me in brief. rohit.sonavane@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register