New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh D (Manager)     22 August 2023

Original index 2 document

I have purchased a flat in Nashik city, Maharashtra. Last week builder had called me to sub registrar office for registering deed of apartment. He has given me the original deed of apartment post registration, however he's not given the original Index 2 saying that the same has to be given to Talati office for adding the names on 7/12. Builder told me that I can get a copy from sub registrar office by submitting an application.

Is this the true picture given to me?


 4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     22 August 2023

Sale deed is important document and index is just for adminstrative purpose, you can get certified copy from refistrar office.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 August 2023

The 7/12 document is not a title document. 

However you can get your name recorded in the property card and the 7/12 records can be updated accordingly. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 August 2023

Yes.  You submit an application to the Commissioner with a copy of the document to get into your name on record.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     23 August 2023

Show relevant documents to a local lawyer for better appreciation of facts and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register