LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subroto Sarkar (Consultant)     13 January 2019

Old parents maintenance

I am 67 years Old father (divorced when childen were not even teens). I have lsot in business and have no income. I have grown up my children with hard struggle even begging at some stage. My children are settled in USA and Canada hot citizenship too. They are sending me 17K per month. Threatening time to time to stop the remiitance insulting me by telling doing ganga puja in ganga water when I try to send gift to them or their children out of love. Do I have any legal protection from stopping these insults and threats.

Learning

3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   13 January 2019

Their is no legal protection against Ur allegation .u don't give much prominence to their insult doas Ur belief .

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 January 2019

At this stage of life you cannot do anything against them as it's a moral issue not legal. If they were not providing money for your maintenance than there was legal remedy available but for verbal insult by children one cannot do anything and that too when one is in old age. My sympathy for you that's all I can provide here.

Subroto Sarkar (Consultant)     13 January 2019

Thanks for the reply. I am withstanding as I will not survive without their financial support. In the past I was granted old age pension,free ration,medical benefits by Govt of Pondicherry. Government of Pondicherry was also paying some premium for an insurance too. Reason I was doing social service (kittuselfemployment.blogspot.com). At the insistence of children I have surrendered everything and migrated to a peaceful himalayan village. Children were un married then. They have got married and family extended. Now they have started talking differently. A failed eye operation has added to the yoe as I am slowly becoming blind..People forced them to pay for the eye operation initially. But are now ignoring all emails in this regard. Villagers are protecting me assuring me financial support but it is alms to me. To prevent this I am searching a legal remedy. If not possible then leaving this world will be the best choice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register