LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niket Dubey   18 July 2020


If my manager is not paying me my salary from last 2-3 months stating the reason of covid-19 as the company is still getting sales. The company has send me on unpaid leave when I asked for my pending salary.

Is there anything which can be done?


 5 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     18 July 2020

actually half of the salary should give by the company to their employee, the recent supreme court verdicted.. if not obey then complaint at labour office.

1 Like

Niket Dubey   18 July 2020

under which act and clauses I can get it and how much time it generally takes?

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     18 July 2020

Under Labour Act, you can complain the Labour officer concerned.  The action will be taken in due course, but the time cannot be said as it depends on their office work especially during Covid-19.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 July 2020

If employed as a workman, labour officers can help; else, you need to approach a court of law. 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2020

Employees Compensation Act, 1923 may be referred.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register