Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijayakumar kuppuaswamy   23 October 2020

Obtaining duplicate death certificate

Hi,

I am Vijayakumar from Chennai my father died in sringeri chikmagalur in the year of 1988. After his death my grandmother applied applied for death certificate n we received it but during 2015 flood in Chennai. We lost that document. What is the procedure to get that death certificate again. All I have now is my father burial ground certificate. Can any one in this forum help me.

Thanking you in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 October 2020

The application form to apply for a duplicate death certificate is available with the area's local body authorities (municipal offices)and the Registrar who maintains the Register of Deaths.

An evidence of death is required either in the form of a hospital letter where death took place or a certificate from a civil official who certified the death at either the crematorium or burial grounds.

SHIVEK J.   07 January 2021

Greetings,

It is no big deal if you lost the death certificate. One can easily avail it from the local municipal body. If the death was registered, it gets much easier, as you only need to provide with basic details of the person and the document is procured. If it isn’t registered, you can always procure a proof from the place where the last rites took place or the hospital where the individual died.

You are supposed to pay a very nominal fee and that’s it.

Also, you can apply for it online through the following portal-

Death Certificate | Death Certificate Online

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register