30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruti   19 May 2022

Obtaining court papers

My name was included as one of the plaintiffs in a court case regarding ancestral property matters but I was not informed about it. The case has been settled out of court and I did not receive any compensation. How can I obtain court documents regarding this civil case?

Another unrelated question, what is UN CR (Unregistered Criminal) case type? A UN CR case has been filed against me but I did not get any court summons for this?


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     19 May 2022

search your case status in e-courts.gov.in website by feeding your case number and date

Shruti   19 May 2022

I got case number and date but how can I get ddocuments (initial petition, response, court orders, etc.)??? Also, what is UN CR case type?

anubhav Bhatt   19 May 2022

You may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case details.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Mobile 📱 9198889990.

Shashi Dhara   19 May 2022

As it is unregistered no summons will be issued ,after registration the court orders to issue summons .to  obtain certified  documents file copy application  along with prescribed fee in office and obtain copies or engage advocate .

Shweta   22 May 2022

Hello Sir

To get the court document you can go to the website The Judgment Information System, which will give you link to the website of the Supreme Court of India and all other High Courts or/and their link to the page from where the judgments, daily orders and cause lists can be accessed online. Each case has a CNR number through which the case can be found in the list. You can check the status of the case from there. Further, case can be found through the name of the parties, name of the judges etc.

You can also access e-Court to get access to the judgments, daily orders and cause lists from the district courts all over India. However, the updates might be infrequent in some states. 

You can access the judgments and order by different tribunals by visiting their individual websites. To get the copies of decree you have to approach the registrar of the court and pay a certain amount of fee. After payment of fee the decree is issued within a few days.


I hope this helps to resolve your query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query