Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehajbee Qureshi   06 August 2021

Obc category

If women get married to other state and she got permanent resident status from there as per provision,then can she get reservation benefit also as her caste is in obc category from her home state and new state as well

 4 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     07 August 2021

No.As per rule in vogue she gets the caste reservation of the present residence state,but not previous state.In short she gets the present categorision of her caste in her present dwelling of the state but not previous state.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     07 August 2021

Reservation of permanent domicile can be availed.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 August 2021

Yes.  The wife in Hindu tradition gets the surname and other benefits of the husband's family.  She can apply and if it is rejected the authorities must specify such reason.  While issuing such a certificate, no Tehasildar looks into her past status and as to whether that caste was BC in that state or not.

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 August 2021

Generally, such caste based reservations are state wise only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query