LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharath Crasta   07 September 2020

nullity and void

I got married in the year 2018. my wife who used to say before the marriage that my parents should live with us started saying they shouldn't come with us after the marriage. she is very possessive. she had cut herself just cause I had phoned my sister. where MLC was filed by hospital stating "self inflicted over dispute". once my dad shifted to our home she started threatening me saying she will kill herself and that we are giving her mental torture and so on. once she had even tried to kill me. once I had taken her to the psychiatrist, but she refused to continue her medicine saying she's proper. I have some call records and a pic before the marriage what she had sent me through whatsApp, where she had cut herself on her hand. cause of her and her moms fight. I'm not able to control her. how to get divorce in these situation. (I'm Christan)


 7 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 September 2020

File a petition for divorce through a local lawyer on the ground of cruelty committed by her.

Sharath Crasta   08 September 2020

thank you sir.... which is going to be more effective.... based on cruelty or based on unsound mind.....

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 September 2020

If you decided upon seeking divorce, get the issues sorted out through a legal professional.

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     08 September 2020

1. Agree with above experts.  Described circumstances definetly suggests CRUELTY from wife's side and you are entitled to Divorce Decree without paying any Alimony or Maintenance or whatever....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Sharath Crasta   08 September 2020

thank you sir for your reply

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 September 2020

Unsoundness of mind is no ground for passing a decree of divorce as per (any) Marriage Act in India.


File petition in family court under section 12 of hindu marriage act. If marriage accordance of hindu belief. Ground on unsound mind and having psychiatric problem 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register