LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Motoraju G   26 March 2021

Nuisance caused by neightbout

My neighboring apartment guys have installed kitchen chimney in such way that I get food odor in my bedroom & hall smell become unbearable as clean air get mixed with food smell/odor. I have requested multiple time to my neighbor to pull back chimney and not fix it near point from where my balcony starts, but he is making fun of me and not co-operating despite of multiple attempts to explain him inconvenience caused due to his chimney placement that emit smoke from where I get fresh air.

Learning

7 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     26 March 2021

Dear Sir,
you have to give a formal complaint drafted well enough to address to the Police. They will initially call the neighbour and explain so he might get worried by police involvement and change the chimney direction. Since he is just making fun of you, he won't listen directly. Police can make amends.
if there are any further queries, you contact me

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 March 2021

1. You can file a Police FIR, requesting investigation and charge-sheet, for various offences like  Intimidation, Breach of Trust, Nuisance, Mischief etc.... against the person, supported with all relevant supporting Documents, Evidences & Witnesses.

2.  IF the Police does not take action, THEN you can file private criminal case u/s 156(3) Cr.P.C., in the local Magistrates court, seeking directions to the Police to investigate and file charge sheet.  The said Person may come down for settlement.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 March 2021

First of all, try serving a legal notice.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2021

Did you complain before the management of apartments ? 

Ashwin staff   31 March 2021

make written complaint to society

Motoraju G   31 March 2021

Association is not formed yet. 

S K KARNjhc (Legal Adviser)     01 April 2021

I agree with Mr Vashista Sir, we should not forget for each and every residential apartments which required to be run by certain society, which normally frame some rules and regulation to maintain the society clean and green so as to residents get hygienic atmosphere in apartments.

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register