LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Govindaraju   09 January 2021

Nri father_ children studying in india_ obc certificate nc

I am working in the Gulf country but my son is studying in grade 12 in India. Is he eligible for a Non-creamy layer OBC certificate for the purpose of joining IIT/ NIT.? For the Non- creamy layer OBC certificate the Government set an annual income of 8L. The Income I am getting in India which comes from Bank FD which is less than 8 L/ annum. My salary in Gulf is more than 8L / annum. There is no clear information wether my son is eligible to get the non-creamy layer OBC certificate.   I need an expert opinion on this issue.    Thank you

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 January 2021

Your income from salary exceeds limit prescribed by law, hence not eligible for the non-creamy certificate

Govindaraju   10 January 2021

Thank you. But my salary is not from India. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 January 2021

You can file an application for such a certificate stating such income and include your statement that the earning are from outside the country.  It is the Tehasiildar that has to give such a certificate and let him decide.  You are not eligible as the income stated in such application is income from all source and never states Income in India, Income in USA etc.

Govindaraju   10 January 2021

Thank you so much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register