New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cs by 2g   12 September 2023

Notice of un paid electricity and un paid water bill by house owner

Hello To every one, 

I Left My Rented Apartment 3 Months Before. My Owner Did Not Returned The Deposited Money Of 1 Month While Leaving The House. So We Decided Not To Pay The Electricity Bill Which Was Around 4000. Then He Started To Say That My Property  Got Damaged Because Of You, You Have Taken My 6 Ceiling Fans And Many More Things. So We Decide To Leave Of Security Deposit Of Around 28K. Then After 2 Months Of Leaving The House He Came To Know About Water Bill And Whats App Me The Bill. We Were Using Booring Water ( Not MCD Water ) From Last 4 Years And Our Bill Usually Come To Zero. We Have Stayed There For Almost 4.5 Years And No Water Bill For First 2 Years And We Have No Idea About The Bill. Water Bill Is Around 25K, When We Left The House. Now He Has Given Me A Legal Notice To Pay Electricity, Water Bill And Other Damaged Expense List.

Kindly Suggest What Should I Do.   



 3 Replies


What was the written contract between you the flat owner? Unless the same is read and discovered if any finer languages were written therein, nothing can be said. The contract is an important document. Whether you stayed @ 11 months leave and license or for a specific contracted period ? What is written in the legal notice sent by his advocate ? Unless these are known, no guidance can be given to you. Contract document is very important. 

Don't fall in the trap of any advocate who may suggest you to be in touch with him/her. 

Feel free to contact me unconditionally or without any riders. over email

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2023

It becomes your duty to pay all the dues during the period of stay and till the last date of you occupying the rented premises.

If he has issued a legal noitie then you can issue a reply notice through your lawyer accordigly denying the allegations. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 September 2023

Reply notice and state therein actual facts .if any amount against electricity or water charges is due then first adjust towards advance payment and if even then remains make payment to landlord .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register