LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biman Ghara   16 December 2023

Not to Perform polling duty

I need to urinate every two hours. This is a problem which has no solution. It is since my childhood. So, my question is during polling , polling continues from 7 a. m to 6 p. m. I am a low grade government employee. So, my question is if I go toilet in every 2 hours others polling officer will be annoyed as polling process will be stopped that time. So, in this ground my job will be terminated???

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 December 2023

You can claim exemption from doing the polling duty for this reason by submitting the necessary documents to establish the fact. 

If not allowed then you ask for permission to leave the booth for this purpose on the basis of your medical issues,  if your request is declined then you can resort to legal action. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 December 2023

Urination is a natural call which no one can stop / restrict.

However, you may submit your problem (physical / personal) to concerned polling officer or appointing authority, who may consider your problem to exempt you from polling duty, which is almost impractical and impossible. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2023

who told you that polling staff is only duty from 7.am only and they continue upto 6.pm only.

The pollig staff generally reports at 5. 1m is free only after deposit of EVM. It can be anytime tillnext monrning.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register