LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mukul (TSO)     23 July 2021

Not serve notice period

I have joined a firm and leave in in 2 weeks after giving a resignation because of health issues. Even i have not worked any single day during 2 weeks of employment. Now They have give me immediate Releiving but they are asking to pay for 30 days notice period. What's should I do now ?

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 July 2021

Terms and conditions of appointment shall govern the issue.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 July 2021

If you want career prospects and live peacefully without any issues, it is always proper to pay the amount.  The presumption is that you have secured a better job and health issue is only a lame pretext.

mukul (TSO)     23 July 2021

Hi G.L.N I was met with and accident before joining date and even I submitted the document to the employer. Can I negotiate in the amount will they agree ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 July 2021

Please do make such efforts stating facts as they may consider your case and may not press for such petty amounts to win a good will.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 July 2021

Try for an amicable settlement. Else, it could adversely  affect your BGV ; also, there is likelihood that they may initiate proceedings for recovery esp. if the terms of appointment provide for arbitration.

mukul (TSO)     24 July 2021

Sir It's written in the offer letter that during the probation period any party can terminate the employment by giving one month notice or payment in lieu thereof. So what does it mean i need to pay the basic of one month or the whole month gross salary.

Regards,

Mukul Singh

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 July 2021

Admittedly, you are bound to give give one month's notice or one month's notice pay.

mukul (TSO)     24 July 2021

One month basic salary or gross salary.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register