LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun S   28 January 2021

Not releiving from job

Hi, I had joined a private medical college in kerala in October 2019 . It was a permanent job. Basically I am from karnataka. It had a notice period of 3 months after resignation. But suddenly in July 2020, the college announced that they are offering to sell their medical college to kerala govt (news came in times of india also). Now decision in kerala govt to decide whether to buy or not. So because of uncertainty many (out of kerala state) people resigned bcos if it becomes kerala govt college, it's difficult to keep our job for longer duration . All of them were relieved early also (within days). I also feared for my job, as if it becomes govt college ,there was no guarantee that we would retain job for longer duration as promised before. so I resigned on 29/12/2020, and requested for early relieve. But on 06/01/2021 , kerala govt announced that they won't buy the college but instead build a new college of their own nearby(news came in times of india also). Now this pvt medical college is not releiving me and asking me to serve 3 months notice period. It seems they are not ready to accept my offer of buying out notice period also. So can I take any action?? I am ready to pay for consultation. thank you

Learning

2 Replies

Krishnan Balasubramanian (Advocate)     29 January 2021

Please go verify the the appointment letter for reveling time  period mention or not.

Generally  3 months notice is must.( In My opinion)

As such you can opt out after 29/03/2021.

You  can intimate  the resignation letter college and management by Register Post.

Arjun S   30 January 2021

hi sir, how can I contact you? Another thing sir, they are doing partiality. Even people who had resigned after me already relieved and their replacement not yet arrived. In fact they have releived everyone immediately. And the job offer letter they had sent, didn't include anything about 3 months notice period. only after 3rd day of joining , I was made to sign agreement in which it was mentioned. I had no option to other than to sign as there was no chance of going back to my old job. And during Covid time, from April 2020 to December 2020, they didn't pay full salary as offered to me in the agreement. So do I have any option to fight this legally?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register