Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek Chaudhary (Hardware Engineer)     22 October 2012

Not providing equal and above replacemnt.

Hello,

I bought a Laptop of Brand DELL from thailand earlier this year and It came with 1 year international warranty. Couple of months before I started facing a problem with the headphone jack with the laptop, After complaining for this issue dell send some engineer to my place to get it done but he failed to do so, even increased the problem and they actually have to replace 5 parts even that doesnt solve the issue. After that they told me that they will provide me a new replacemnt for the laptop I have so I have to courier it back to them in banglore. They arranged all the courier thing and my laptop is with them. First they told me that the order has been placed for the same laptop and I will be recieving it soon, Then they told me they cannot provide me the same model as its no more in production adn offered me some lower configuared latops against mine which i denied to accept. Now its almost 2 months and they are saying they can only provide me laptops lower in configuartion then mine and said as a goodwill gesture they will extend the warranty by 3 months. 

I think this is all unfair to provide me the lower conf. laptop and then even offering me the extention of warranty of 3 months as they failed to resolved the issue for last 2 months so they have to extend it anyway arround.

I want to know how I can lodge a case against them and because of me not having my work laptop I lost a project also as I am a freelancer.

PLease guide me what exactly I should do to get the same or better laptop and even I want to claim for panenlty as my work have also suffered due to them.

Thanks

Vivek Chaudhary

New Delhi, IND

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register