LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra (Associate)     11 November 2012

Not paid credit card bill for 2 years, police verification

I have been not able to pay my credit card bill for around more than 2 years. I have left my old house. I am not getting calls from bank. Now i am back in same city and will be staying on rented house, House owner is doing police verification, So my question is... Will police verifcation for rented house will help police to track me ? Do Bank make complaint in bank, as i was not able to respond them past 2 years. Not sure if they have issues summons. In this case what shall i do ? To be honest i have been saving money to pay in full. but i will still need few more months to collect money. Does credit card company issue non bailable warrent ?

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     12 November 2012

have you been served with court summons asking you to appear or have you find out from your source whether the credit card company had filed any court case against you????

if no court case is there against you, then you need not worry. but yes the bank may check your credit rating from cibil where your default will be mentioned and the bank will come to know about it. if you are obtaining any loan or credit card.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Ravindra (Associate)     13 November 2012

Thank You Mr. Rohit Dalmia,

I am not sure if there has been any court case, On few occasions the telecallers from bank said Court Case has been filled. But i have not received it, as i m not staying at that place any more. Does Police verification for Renting house do come to know if any issue/dispute with my bank.. and will they take any action ?

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     17 November 2012

police will come to know about it only if there is any formal complaint lodged by the bank with the police.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register