My mother in law worked as a lecturer from 1980 to 2010 in a college managed by a meera college siksha samiti. after retirement at the age of 60 in 2010, she was refused to payment on gratuityby the management on the ground that institute has no funds. But she has written many application in this regard to institute but no response from institute. since she is not legal minded so she was not aware of the gratuity act, and about labour commisionor. so she has not given application like form I. but she used to write application by normal way demanding gratuity. In the meanwhile after 2010 the institute was taken over by state govt.
so my questions are?
1. can form "I" be sent to institute now?
2. can they refuse to pay on gratuity on the ground that the management is changed and new govt management has no liabilty in the matter of gratuity cases of earlier managent?
3. Can gratuity not be given on the late application ?
4. If no positive response come after sending form "i" to institute then I want to know that how much time it take to solve the case before labour commisioner?
5. what are the chances of getting gratuity in this case?