LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aarti (Proprietor)     23 June 2015

Non receipt of payments...

I own a proprietorship firm, making garments & supplying to corporates. In October, 2013, I supplied garments to a client whose parent company is listed on the stock market as well. The goods were supplied against Purchase orders and on the client's brand name.

In January, 2014 we were informed that they were closing down their stores and returning back the material. Initially we were not ready to accept it as the garments were made on their brand name but since we were not getting any payment from their side, we accepted the same on the condition of all expenses paid (transportation & octroi) & delivered to our office.

We have received goods from 7 stores but by the time we slowly received goods, over a time of around 6-8 months, they had sold off a major chunk of it and it all has accrued in the payments overdue. The company has a parent company who is majorly in to jewellery business and they are now insisting that we take jewellery against our payment as they won't be able to make the payment.

There is a very big catch here.. The company is in to supplying branded jewellery on MRP basis and is insisting that I pick the jewellery only from the few diamond sets which will be offered to me at their office, that too on MRP basis! 

I have enquired from the market that the company is not using good quality diamonds, their certification is also fake most of the times and moreover picking the jewellery on MRP means I won't get more than 30% return of the value they claim!

I am planning to approach some media groups to highlight my issue since its a big corporate name. If anyone can provide any contacts on this, I'll be highly obliged!

Also planning to go legal. Any good but reasonable lawyer with prior experience of fighting such case against corporates, in Mumbai preferably, please contact.

Experts please advise. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register