Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ANIL ALWE (MANAGER)     09 February 2013

Non-occupancy charges

Dear Mr Hemant,

I am staying in a co-operative sopceity in Andher East and my society has been charging me 8% of rentals as NON-OCCUPANCY CHARGES , which I have been refuting . I have been paying them 10% of monthly maintenance charges as NOC , which they have been accepting aas well but not reflecting as NOC charges but adjusting in arrears.

As our Scociety has approached the High Court agsinst the Maharshtra  Govt act and as the same has been upheld by High Court , they have approached Supreme court are they entiteled to collect these NOC charges ?

Please advise whom I should approach for redressal as they have been serving me notice for recovery of these charges every 6 months.

Regds

Anil

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 February 2013

Non-occupancy charges are levied on members, who have let out their flats on rent and it is payable by the member and not his tenant. From what you have stated, it appears that you are a member of the society and you are staying in your own flat. If so, no non-occupancy charges are payable. When NOC are payable the limit is 10% of the service charges. If more is demanded from you, you can complain to the Dy. Registrar of your Ward.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register