Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surti boyz   13 April 2021

noise pollution

One of my society member modified his bike and bike silencer
While he pass from society his silencer is making too much noise and he is also accelerating without any need in society!
In short making so much noise while passing from society
What can I do in this case
(I'm a renter in this society)

Can someone please guide me?


 4 Replies

JINALI SHAH   13 April 2021

Hello, surti boyz,

Yes, there is a solution to every problem. I can understand, it is most irritating when there is huge noise which comes from bikes which creates nuisance for the residents staying in that locality whether as permanent members or rented you can complain about the same. 

But before that by any chance, if you know the person and he is a resident of the society in which you stay then before taking a more severe action it is advisable that you talk to the person and tell him that his bike is creating a nuisance and is disturbing you if he still does not pay heed then go for the next step of making a formal complaint. 

Firstly, You need to check whether he has removed the silencer because many times bikers remove the silencer due to which there is noise pollution. Also, you need to check whether the bike he is riding has any modifications and remember anything violating noise pollution norms is not approved. 

If the biker continuously and purposely keeps on doing this repeatedly then take a video when the biker is riding and making noise pollution, also click pictures of the bike with the biker, note down the registration details of the bike example the number plate and share this details with the concerned authority. 

The concerned authorities where you can make a complaint is in the police station of your area, even inform the state transport commissioner of your region to make a complaint. If they find out that the person has removed the silencer then they can penalize the violator as creating noise pollution and illegally removing the silencer is a punishable offence. 

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 April 2021

Call police control room number "100" and inform about the violation under Motor Vehicle Act and for criminally prosecutable offence of "nuisance" under IPC.

No need to disclose your name or whatever.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     13 April 2021

you can lodge a complaint to police as suggested by expert MR.Hemant Agarwal

1 Like

sneha jaiswal   13 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

I understand your concern, but first I will suggest you to settle amicably. If not possible than do the complaint in the police station regarding the grievances you hold. Also, by recording the same you can have more weightage in the words when you are approaching the concerned authority.

Hope it helps

Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query