Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Shah (Manager)     16 February 2013

No. of candidates selection while voting for hsg coop societ

Hi,

I stay in a Housing Cooperative Society, and we are helding elections for the managing committee. We have a managing committee of 7 members (6 in general category and 1 in reserve category). We have 14 members contesting elections (12 for general category and 2 for reserved category).

My query is towards the number of candidates to be selected while voting for the election. Does every voter mandatorly need to select atleast 6 candidates from general category and 1 candidate from reserve category?

Or the voter can select any number of candidates, but not more than 7?

We have been hearing different views on this, and we also checked byelaws, but could not find anything mentioned on above.

Request to let me know on this asap, since election is due in next week.

Thanks in advance.

A.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 February 2013

The committee shall number between five and nine members and include a chairperson, vice chairperson, honorary secretary, and honorary treasurer. This may be vary State to State. 

Amit Shah (Manager)     19 February 2013

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the misunderstanding created in the query.

My query was towards the minimum votes an voter member has to give which can be considered as valid votes. For example, can any member put up vote only for 1 candidate out of total 14 members (12 in general +2 in reserved category), or has to mandatorily give 6+1 votes (General 6 + Reserve Categroy 1) during his voting process?

I hope query is now clearer for everyone's response. Please revert to me asap.

Thanks and regards

A S.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register