LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     17 January 2019

No first appeal option appearing on ec website after falling of 30 days

Hello Experts, I submitted an RTI application to ELECTION COMMISSION through the online facility available on their portal, it was about asking the reasons for why they rejected my new voter id card application submitted their NVSP portal, they do not mention it anywhere on portal and also do not communicate it to the applicant so as a last resort I filled RTI application. It was transferred to the concerned PIO in 7 days, now the pendency showing on the portal is total 42 days, status- transferred but there is no option appearing for first appeal, surprisingly first appeal option was appearing there after the status was changed to transfer but again after few days it disappeared Now, kindly suggest further course of action other than filing a new RTI Application and waiting for another 30-40 days for their response, they do not reply for complaints also, I filed through their portal and never heard them back. Can we make complaint to CIC or directly make second appeal because there is no option appearing for 1st appeal on portal?

Learning

6 Replies

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     17 January 2019

Thank you for your response Mr. Prasanna, Kindly clarify the following points, this should be sent to CIC? 

"if no reply from date of first appeal for 30 days send hard copy of complaint mentioning why you sent RTI application, how the EC responded and what monetary relief, other reliefs you want as per RTI Act 2005 u/s 18" 

The RTI Application has made through online portal available on EC Website, so I want to make all further appeals and action through online mode only.

Recently I found FAA email address mentioned in the message of "transfer of RTI Application" so I forwarded my application through email on that email address, though appearntly no one has read that.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 January 2019

Please avoid making duplicate posts and referring the same query again and again, when you have received pinpointed reply through another forum dedicated to RTI.  The information solicited by you is in custody of State Government dept., whereas you have filed RTI Application to Central Government.  As per Delhi HC judgment, it is the duty of the applicant to file the application to the correct public authority.

Abhimanyu Bind (Account & Audit Assistant)     18 January 2019

Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad
Please avoid making duplicate posts and referring the same query again and again, when you have received pinpointed reply through another forum dedicated to RTI.  The information solicited by you is in custody of State Government dept., whereas you have filed RTI Application to Central Government.  As per Delhi HC judgment, it is the duty of the applicant to file the application to the correct public authority.

You are kindly requested to leran about transfer provisions and online mode of RTI before replying the above query, stop spamming the forum and wasting time of queriest.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 January 2019

Thanks for enlighting me on RTI Act and please read Delhi HC Judgment seeking for search in google.  If you are having such knowledge, you ought not have posted so many times in different forums wasting some others' time.

Thanks for enlighting me on RTI Act and please read Delhi HC Judgment seeking for search in google.  If you are having such knowledge, you ought not have posted so many times in different forums wasting some others' time.

Again I request you not to spam the forum by posting your personal egoistic issues instead of understanding the query properly and then answering. You can DM me if you have any personal issues. And for your kind information I only posted it on RTI india website other than this and not on many forums. I did not get correct answer there so I re-posted it here. 

And again participating in any query is totally voluntary act, please DM if you any personal issues, if you are replying here than kindly ensure you are adding values.

Thank you. 

"As per the Section 6 (3) RTI Act 2005 Where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information which is held by another public authority; or the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority, the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer:

Provided that the transfer of an application pursuant to this sub-section shall be made as soon as practicable but in no case later than five days from the date of receipt of the application."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register