IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MUKESH GUPTA   15 February 2020

No final settlement

Undergoing trial since 7 yrs.DV Act and 498a dismissed. divorce case under trial. paying maint in 125, wife want to continue to maintenance for life long.how to get rid off


 3 Replies

Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     16 February 2020

try to settle the matter amicably with your wife involving elders/relatives/friends etc and go for Mutual Consent Divorce which will be decided in 6-18 months, and you will get rid of monthly payments,


Advocate Suneel Moudgil (Advocate)     16 February 2020

don't forget to draft an MOU before approaching Mutual Divorce, which is the most essential and important part of a Divorce case, some basic points to keep in mind and put in writing through an MOU before filing the petition for mutual consent divorce are custody of kids, distribution of assets (movable/immovable), quash/withdraw of pending litigation if any, Maintenance (present/future), Alimony, mode and time of making the payment, streedhan, future litigation, etc.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     17 February 2020

Try to  convince wife for final settlement for lumpsum amount.   While drafting Consent Ters ensure, that you deposit the settled amount in Family Court, then she will withdrawa all other cass n produce al the withdrawal/quashing order bfore Family Court, then shewill be alowed to withdraw money.  ivorce will take place on the same day when she produces all the orders,


Anamika Vichare



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query