Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yuwan (abc)     30 March 2014

No conviction in case against me will effect my career?

I had a police case against me which was there for 1 year during my college days. But in the judgement i have been declared innocent and no conviction has happened. do i need to declare such cases while joining any private firm?

I have my passport issued from same address where the case was registered. will that effect my visa process/ or will the case be highlighted when visa verification is there?

Learning

11 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2014

If you have been acquitted from a criminal case against you, it means there is no criminal record against your name so this is not going to bother you anymore anywhere including your traveling abroad or seeking an employment, be free about it.

3 Like

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     31 March 2014

while echoing the same reply what my learned friend Mr. Kalaiselvan said, I suggest you that if employer, in his employment proforma, asks any specific question about any pending and decided criminal cases against you and the result thereof, you must come out clean giving full information along with acquittal also.   In Government jobs such questions are asked and the candidates supposed to give full true version.  Otherwise, concealing the information itself amounts to misconduct as per the rules.  So be cautious.  Once true version is reflected in their query form, no harm will be caused to you as you have been honourably acquitted. 

1 Like

yuwan (abc)     31 March 2014

WOW!!! Thank you sir all for your expert advice. Yes definitely if anyone ask me specific about any decided criminal cases i will definitely tell. But I always say "NO" if anyone ask me that "have you ever been involved/ convicted in any criminal case against you?". Hope I am correct!

Once again Thank YOU!!!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 March 2014

sorry I disgree.

even if you are acquitted still there is a record which you cannot hide.  There may be other questions also wherein one case to declare p[revious bail etc.

yuwan (abc)     18 April 2014

Need some more advice as what should be my answer for if my employer ask me that "have you ever been involved/ convicted in any criminal case against you?" Will I have to answer YES, even though  I have been judged innocent. Or shall I answer NO as I have been judged innocent.

Are such cases also verified during background check of anyone for which court has judged him innocent? Will my background verification not come clean? Please throw some light on this?

If I say I am not involved in any criminal case am I hiding facts?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

whether you ask on open threaed or on PM.  I cannot aadvise you to hide facts/

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2014

whether you ask on open threaed or on PM.  I cannot aadvise you to hide facts/

(Guest)

Acquittal from a criminal case means that you have no criminal case.No need to to give details of that case anywhere.

1 Like

(Guest)

Acquittal from a criminal case means that you have no criminal case.No need to to give details of that case anywhere.

1 Like

yuwan (abc)     22 April 2014

I thank everyone from bottom of my heart for their contribution on this forum. Though I am quite small to thank you for this. But this forum has inspired me of contributing to our society by whatever means we can.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2014

I disagree with the view expressed by Mr Sachar.

There is a need to give true facts in response to questionaire at page four of the attestation form

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register