Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sabir Kotkar   04 January 2021

No business proof is ground for divorce ??

Currently i have running my digital marketing business in name of  Private limited registered company since Nov 2019.

But from last 8 years I don't have any business proof for which I had engage in real estate brokerage work, car dealings and passenger transport agents. My income are high till 2017 then after business slow and issue of loans and lenders rises due to which I lost my flats and i am staying in rented flat. As I earn a lot till 2017 we always go to holidays in abroad or any where else in India. 

Now I am doing my business with all legal proof and records since last year.  But seeing the financial situation occurs in 2019 and all things lost with my flat, wife family and in-laws take away my wife without reason since Nov 2020 and now asking me to show the previous business proof of last 8 years so that same financial situation will not reoccur as happened in 2019. And In-law's are saying without proof that you must be fraud and enjoyed last 8 years by looting others. They are saying show any proof so we will return your wife. 

Now I am doing well. I already filled IT returns of this year and earn good income per month. But don't have any old business proofs. So I want to Know that is having No proof for previous or old business is ground for divorce. 

How I can go ahead with their demand and How I can reply to their questions. Pls suggest.

Learning

6 Replies

Nikita Parekh   04 January 2021

Has Divorce petition been filed ?
If yes then by whom?
What is the present stage in Divorce Petition?

No divorce petition has not been filled. But in-laws forced my wife to leave the house and also my wife not interested to come for without reason. They want family meeting of both sides and ask to produce all previous proof which i don't have.  My wife live happily since married. We don't have any issue.i gave everything she wants. But suddenly this things are happened without reason. In one just one she start words fighting that I am giving 15 days gaps in s*x relationships and suddenly I laws came and take away my wife. And from Next day everything are closed include phone calls. I got unknown mobile number from her call history report. And now they are demanding to show proof of my previous business or otherwise she will not come as they are saying.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 January 2021

The facts posted constitute no cause of action for seeking divorce. You need to sum up the perseverance to take such loose talk in their face value.

1 Like

So there are no connection between business proof and divorce. Then what are the reply to be given as they asking questions to show previous business proof. Please suggest. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 January 2021

Your financial status and standard of living has to be considered for deciding alimony. 

You have already engaged / paid an able, competent and intelligent lawyer to contest your case, (if any), follow as advised.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 January 2021

Once the married, whatever happens in the couple's life are of their own concern only. The situation suggests that both the author and his wife are yet live up to the responsibilities og marriage and married life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register