LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swathi (cleark)     14 January 2012

Newly married need divorce


Everyone I got married 1 and half month back, I want the divorce with him.

The reason is I cannot live with him, after getting married from 4th day onwards he started  talking with other girls in front of me, daily he takes drink and I came to know that he  is not doing a job also before marriage he told us he is working for MNC company and I dont know about properties what he have. Till now IU didnot told this to my parents, but yesterday I told about him to mother-in-law she scolded him later he warned me that from today onwards I will show you how the hell will be (ee roju nunchi neeku narakam ante ento chupistha ani annadu athanitho undaalante bhayamesthundi) please ignore if any gramatical mistakes.

Please suggest me what should I do?

I will try my level best to continue with him otherwise what is the procedure should I have to follow. 


 21 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     14 January 2012

talk to your parants first than make move

Advocate M.Bhadra   14 January 2012

After one year of separation from husband you can file a Divorce suit on mutual consent (try to convince your husband ) failing which you can file a Divorce Suit by your side on contest with a petition for Alimony in Family or District Court.You can also file a Maintenance Case against your husband in Magistrate Court.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     14 January 2012

Divorce petition can not be filed within 1 yr. of marriage.

1 Like

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     14 January 2012

Divorce is the worst things in anybodys life. However, if it is must then there is no alternative.Adv. Bhadra has rightly given the legal position. However, from ur descripttion it seems that it is difficult to get divorce by mutual consent. Get the help from any friend, relative to overcome the situation. It is because once you take step then it will be very difficult to get along with ur partner.

I will help u if u need any help.

My email id :

Mob: 99670 56980 

Sandeep Naik ( Advocate from Bombay High court )

1 Like


Sorry to hear about you, Divorce is Very Difficult and Tedious Process in India.

First Decide what do you want Marriage or Divorce?
It is saying... "First 6 months of Marriage having Strong Reason to Divorce."
So this is Very Delicate period for both of you.
"It is not an Easy task to Cohabit in Marriage"
Take the Advice of Elder. ESPECIALLY Put pressure on him from his Own Parents / Elders. (Not from your Parents, that will push him away)
Legal Grounds Need to be Strong for Divorce Like 1 year Separation and That is too with Reasonable Cause.
Later you can decide Mutually with you Well wishers

1 Like

swathi (cleark)     14 January 2012

Without taking divorce can I stay alone or with my parents ?

Vikas K Goswami (lawyer)     14 January 2012

yes u can live alone or with ur parents, this is what separation means as said above by my learned frinds

but, i advice u to take more time to react,

as it is a tough decision and must be taken at outmost care,

please, try to live at ur in-laws home for some time, try to adjust, try to change ur husband

please take time to decide

Ratnesh kumar (Advocate)     14 January 2012

you have to wait for one year at any case, you should live sperately and than file divoerce, untill that try to convience him for filing mutual divoerce

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     15 January 2012

u may apply for Judicial separation. Further,





No doubt drinking is a constituent of culture all over the world, and is almost a cult in certain societies. Yet, even here as elsewhere a habit of excessive drinking is a vice and cannot be considered a reasonable wear and tear of married life. No reasonable person marries to bargain to endure habitual drunkenness, a disgusting conduct. And yet it is not an independent ground of any matrimonial relief in India. But it may constitute treatment with cruelty, if indulged in by a spouse and continued, in spite of remonstrances, by the other. It may cause great anguish and distress to the wife who never suspected what she was bargaining for and may sooner or later find living together not only miserable but unbearable. If it was so, she may leave him and may, apart from cruelty, even complain of constructive desertion; Rita v. Brij Kishore, AIR 1984 Del 291.

A.VIVEK ADVOCATE (ADVOCATE)     16 January 2012

this is the age for marriage do not think about divorce


As per you He drinks plus not faithful to relation plus not working.

Then what is the need of that type of husband just kick him (sorry if it hurts).

I believe you are an educated and working lady can take your own decision after observing   all circumstances of  both families.  

Rahul T (Engineer)     17 January 2012

@ Swathi,

 Everyone has given you so called good advice. But I want to give you some worst, rude suggestion…. Who knows… That could change your life… & save one Family….

1>    after getting married from 4th day onwards he started  talking with other girls in front of me….

Ans: why don’t you think that, you are not attractive/friendly enough to him so that your husband is still not able to forget his old girl Friends???  Make yourself up to his expectation.

 2>    daily he takes drink…

Ans: Be so friendly, so that he prefers to be with you, then Drinks….

 3>    I came to know that he  is not doing a job also before marriage he told us he is working for MNC company???

Ans: Encourage him so much that, he will find a job. And become your dream Husband……


Try! Your best, to bring him on the right path. God has gifted you an opportunity to bring back a person to the right path. I accept its very hard…. But Every reward can be achieved after hard work only…


Don’t believe me!!! Think once!!! Why will you get!!! After Divorce???  A peace full life? Or Social Admire? Or Family Compatin???


Ha ha ha !!!! None…. Your life will be worst then hell. People will look towards you on seductive look. Perents, Bro, Sis will look towards you as a Barden. Relative will look towards you as a Barden or blame…. If in case, you are working lady, then gents collage will look towards you as a free illegal relationship opportunity…..


Nothing better will happen apart from listed above…………….



So call is in your hand…. Think 10 times…. Then take desition…. Leagally you can do so many things…. What ever all my eligible friend has suggested… but socially or practically………………………..



So try first to bring back him into right path…… if you fail.. the other options are open to you…..



NOTE: if you are TRUE from the bottom of your Heart…. The Everything is possible My Dear…………


SOORY!!! If I have hurtled any of you… or your feelings…………Don’t wite me back… just forgive me………..

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     17 January 2012

I would suggest theory of 3 L s

change him using - Love / Law / Leave him

1 Like

swathi (cleark)     17 January 2012

Thanks all of you for ur suggesions. I will try my level best but he is not a unmatured and iletarate, well studied and 33 years aged. I hope there will be a 10 out of 100 chance is there..... and so many things I can not post here about us stiil I will try as of rahul's suggestion.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register