LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

The Falcons   01 October 2022

Neighbor has cut down trees instead of trimming branches. how can i move legally?

While visiting my land I found that my neighbor has cut down 10 of my 15-year-old rubber trees along the property line without giving a notice. He has asked us to cut some branches which we agreed to. Could you advise how can I move legally on this matter please? We have reported it to the nearest police station.


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 October 2022

Has the police taken any action. Please verify.

However, the issue appears to be not worth pursuing. 

1 Like

The Falcons   06 October 2022

Thank you sir for your response.

Yes, in the police station we have asked for a compensation which the niigbour has not agreed. 

Could you please elabraote what do you mean when you say - "However, the issue appears to be not worth pursuing". Do you mean we shouldn't go for a court case?

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 October 2022

Certainly, you can approach the Court in a civil or criminal action. However, the time and money involved could be much ore than what you have lost.

Perhaps, a better opion would be to approach adalat functioning in the local court.

1 Like

The Falcons   07 October 2022

Thank you Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query