LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dilip reddy Reddy   10 June 2021

negligence act by electricity department

yesterday in our village there was a damage to one of the electric poll so the department try to replace the pole with new on so they bringing the poll tied to one end of the tractor in the night time with taking any precautions to signal other vechiles . on road the pole is roaming across the road. opp vechiles can't she that they are carrying the pole. one of the bike with 50 60 speed crossed the tractor and he hit the pole tied to backside of the tractor and got severally injured to head skull area internal bleeding. the family members took him to hospital. they are very poor doing agriculture works. so now can they ask compensation or money to electric department to bare the hospital amount. how should they move on to get some financial aid from the department because the act take placed that they didn't follow any precautions measures even they didn't made any dangerous signals please some one explain how should they move legally


 9 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 June 2021

Injured/aggrieved person should file claim petition and claim compensation against Electricity Dept under the provisions of Fatal Accident Claim Act 1885.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     10 June 2021

Police came to spot?  Any cctv footage their? It is purely negligence  and  breach of law . Send a legal notice and seeking damage and compensations  for which better to consult local lawyer 

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2021

The injury happened in a motor vehicle accident. The better option, in my understanding, is to seek compensation under the provisions of the MV Act.

Dilip reddy Reddy   10 June 2021

we recorded every thing in vedio. SI was at the scene of offence when the incident took place. he is the live witness but not registered any case.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 June 2021

In such eventuality you should lodge your claim for compensation against the electricity department, owner and driver of tractor and insurance company.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 June 2021

The best option is for filing a case of compensation under MV Act making 1.Electricity dept 2.Tractor owner  3.Insurance company.  At some places, there are advocates that may advance a sum, not more than Rs.1 lakh for interest and with predetermined fees, and after getting a claim they will deduct the advance and fees and can pay the balance amount.  I do not think that the tractor can get insurance as this amounts to commercial transport where the premium is heavy and they might have insured only for agricultural purposes, where the premium is less.  But do make a close follow up with police complaint and the findings will certainly be material to the findings of civil Motor accidents case.  Also, contact District Local services authority for compromise through Lokadalat camp ( periodically twice in a year) where the decisions are taken immediately through negotiations.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2021

A claim under the provisions of MV Act can be filed before the jurisdictional  MACT to claim compensation by impleading the tractor driver, owner, electricity department and the insurance company as parties to the case.

You may contact a lawyer practicing in MACT  cases for getting the relief. 

Dilip reddy Reddy   13 June 2021

tracktor belongs to grama panchayat who can be liable for that panchayat secretery Or surpanch?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 June 2021

Give the descripttion of the Opposite party as 1.Sri,.......................Surpanch, Gram Panchayat,.....................  If  you apprehend political pressures to hush up the issue, let the recording be uploaded in Youtube through a friend or relative from a distant place like Hyderabad City.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query