Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gourav   23 October 2018

Need Urgent Advise on - Bank Statement shared with a Family Member and Family asked me to quit my job !

A week ago, I got back from work and it comes to my knowledge that one of my family members went to the bank and got my bank statements

Basis the expenses and debut entries reflecting in the bank statements, I had expended a lot in a few months, my family has now restricted me from going to the job where I'm doing exceptionally well.

Please Note: I spent from the salary I earned

Questions I have :

1 - Bank statement which was shared by the bank was without my consent. Are there any sections or laws under which I can sue the bank for issuing a confidential data without my approval and also breaching the secrecy norm?

2 - Family has emotionally or rather enforced that the job must be quit or discontinued. I am against their decision to leave the job. However, considering it is my family. I have been quiet for a week now. But, now they have strictly asked me to join the family business which is against my will

However, I have now decided to leave the house and family. Are there any sections or laws which can protect me from being exploited by my own family or any law that can protect me and safeguards my interest in doing the job once I leave the house.

Your expertise is very much required. Need to decide on a lot of things basis your response.

In case, you have any suggestions on how I should go about it legally, I'm all ears

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Sudheendra (Social worker )     24 October 2018

1 - Bank statement which was shared by the bank was without my consent. Are there any sections or laws under which I can sue the bank for issuing a confidential data without my approval and also breaching the secrecy norm? 

Breach of trust is a ground to sue the bank.

Are there any sections or laws which can protect me from being exploited by my own family or any law that can protect me and safeguards my interest in doing the job once I leave the house.

There are laws against domestic violence

Gourav   24 October 2018

thanks you for your valuable inputs Sudheendra.

@Prasanna, please try to advice people on this forum professionally. That's not how you can talk just because we ask for your advice. We face problems and ask for your advice to solve things. You just added fuel to the fire. Great Job !

Gourav   24 October 2018

@Sudheendra, Prassanna mentioned that mine is not a legal query. However, going by your inputs, if seems like my queries were legal.

If you could cite the specific sections/provisions in the respective Acts/Laws, I could look into the same and proceed or probably seek more advice from you

Let me know

Thanks again.. your inputs did help.

Martin S.   25 October 2018

Sudheendra wants you to be kicked out of your house.  You should already be on the road begging your parents to take you back  Useless fellow.

Sudheendra (Social worker )     25 October 2018

@Gourav to get a specific advise kindly get in touch with an advocate with all your detsils

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register