Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nandkumar Pakhale   06 January 2023

Need to Notarized stamp documents for vehicle sell

i have a 13 years ol pleasure scooter of my wife, but I don't have documents for the same. one of the person want to purchase it I told him that documents are not available and also it old scooter but he is ready to buy it.
now I have to notarize it on stamp that if anything happen later on we will not be responsible for the same he is ready to give all I'd proof for attestation purpose


 3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 January 2023


For selling scooter you should have title and title document. You can get it from rto. Selling without document is risk for both seller and purchaser. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     06 January 2023

Yes. Well advised by Mr.Shirish Pawar Sir.

Niharika Lohan   14 June 2023

Hi Nandkumar, I'm Adv. Niharika. 

Here is my input, it is most certainly a contingent danger on your head if you plan to sell the scooter without just and proper documentation.

I can understand that it being a 13 year old vehicle, changes very well arise that the documents get misplaced at domestic premises. You should contact the RTO office with an application of misplaced documents, thereon, upon further inquiry the RTO will issue you a new set of documents.

You can then sell your scooter without any headache.

Alternatively, you can get the statement of the purchaser on affidavit, stamped by a notary, stating the readiness and willingness of the purchaser to make the purchase, despite absence of complete documents.

I hope this information helps, for more questions, contact me at

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register