LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gavisiddu (sales executive)     28 July 2009

need to correct my subcaste

Hi i am Gavisiddu from Bangalore. I belongs to Hindu Ganiga (2 A)  caste originally. But my parents made mistake at the time of my school admission  and now my caste has become Hindu Lingayat (3B). So i wanted to change to my original caste. So what is the procedure to change the caste in certificates. Please let me know. my mail id is and my mobile number is 09886715363. Waiting for ur advises.





 3 Replies

Vishwa Bhushan Arya (Service)     28 July 2009

you need to apply along with your affidavit to the office of DC or Sub-Divisional Magistrate of your area for the required correction.


Vishwa Bhushan Arya

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     29 July 2009

the best thing would be pls visit some local cousel who is working in the administrative work also.


we can just tell u the procedure here, the paper work will be a legnthy one and format is different state to state.


u ll ve to pay there but ur work will be done hassel free.


Kiran Kumar  has suggested rightly,the procedure varies from state to state, it is a lengthy procedure, Since the caste in the original school records have to be changed,You have to issue notices to concerned School Authorities and other concerned educational officeies,Then You may have to file a Declaration suit in the Court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query