LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaseem k shaikh (engineer)     14 February 2011

Need suggestion regarding a bond with company

I had joined a private firm in mumbai for the post of engineer. While joining i was made to sign a bond of 2 years and submit my original documents in company. the penalty for breaking bond was 50000 rs. i was told about the penalty and profession perios of 6 months. I  dint read the bond carefully and signed it without thinking as i was a fresher and it was my first job.

Within 1 and half months i had to resign due to some family problems.

while resigning i dint gave any resignation letter but directly spoke to company boss and told him the reason.

i was told to collect back my documents.

when i went in office they told me to pay penalty and collect the documents.

I dint undergo any kind of training sessions either so that those expenses would be covered with my penalty.

please suggest me something regarding this.

Learning

3 Replies

SALA SATEESH (lawyer)     14 February 2011

Dear Sir,

underwriting a bond will not cast upon the employee to abide by it as it is against the fundamental rights as granted by the constitution. retaining of certificate is a bad practice for which you lodge a complaint with Police Station against the company. as regards the payment of compensation, let the company follow the due process of law for recovering the penalty.

this what would be humble answer from me.

Regards,

S.Sateesh

1 Like

vaseem k shaikh (engineer)     14 February 2011

thanks for ur suggestion mr. Sateesh

i m not clear about idea of the profession period alloted by the company. Most of my working friends told that within the alloted profession period either the company may ask the employee to quit depending on perrformance or employee can resign if not comfortable working with company. please let me know are this points considered? 

i also got a suggestion that the company would ask me to pay back the one month salary and later collect my documents. but cant force me to pay penalty.

also when i asked for the xerox copy of the bond signed, company refused to handle over saying that xerox copy of bonds signed are not permitted by company rules.

vaseem k shaikh (engineer)     15 February 2011

sorry for my mistake i was not familiar with term probition 

instead i have mentioned profeession everywhere:(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register