Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aastha (SSE)     25 April 2013

Need legal advise

I wanted to make you aware of issues that I have been facing in my married life

When me and my husband decided to give a second try for marriage , It was promised that there will be no violence (Shouting loudly , beating, thrashing) there will be No threats for Divorse, and no one will force to invest Money without one's wish. But since we started living together all these points are totaly neglected and the same issues are repeated again and again.

During initial days of my pregnancy I was living in lot of stress with no emotional and moral support from Manoj. On hearing the news of pregnancy he became extremely violent and misbehaved (shouted, slapped me and broke my mobile in anger ) he did not even bothered about my medical condition and continued his emotional harassment. I was then admitted to hospital , as I was extremely drained out and there was miscarriage of my twin pregnancy. Entire pregnancy period was very difficult and I was under continuous medical examination and complete bed rest for most of the time.

5 days after my c- section Manoj's behaviour changed drastically, He was not at all bothered about my health and again started behaving in extremely rude manner. My in laws were here at that time even they did not support me at all . They were continuously taunting me stating that I am not fit to be a good wife or so called Good chhatisgarhi bahu and misbehaving ( Silent treatment , Taunting my parents eating breakfast, lunch and not keeping anything for me, Not taking care of our daughter during my Massage and many more) . My elder sister in law use to shout for the entire day saying that she is not the only one who became mother, there is no need take care her etc

I feel my Mother in law and Sister in law try to create differences between me and Manoj. My mother inlaw asked him not not to help me at all in taking care of our daughter and was continuously telling him all bad things about me due to which his attitude became extremely negative towards me. No body use to talk to me. Manoj became more rude and extremely arrogant He use to shout at me and insult me in front of his parents.
He again started threatening me for Divorce. He use to call his sisters and tell them that he is not going to live with me at any cost.  I was alone taking care of my daughter day and night and was under lot of stress  even at that time he used to fight late at nights for small small issues and even slapped me in front of his mother and My mother in law use to encourage him. He use to tell me to leave him and go once for all.

However after this stressful period I went to my maternal home. While I was at my Mom's place his attitude was extremely negative towards me. Whenever I use to call him he use to show no interest and was extremely rude. I asked him to come and see our daughter but he bluntly refused. I neglected all these things and once again came back with him.

When I went to my inlaws place again the same emotional harassment started. Manoj never use to talk to me and my Mother in law and sister in law use to shout continuously for small small issues. They always made me feel as if I am unfit to be part of their family and use taunt me and my family. Daily there were fights between my in laws and my sister in law entire atmoshpere was very suffocationg. I felt as if I am in Jail with no emotional support from anyone. Even then I tried my best to adjust but everything was in vain.
It is due to this unhealthy atmosphere and harassing behaviour I am not able to adjust with my In laws.

After coming back to Hyderabad Manoj again started misbehaving. He wanted me to invest money in buying a flat which I refused, as I was not ready to take any financial liability. He threatened and forced me a lot on this issue.He started humiliating me for small small things . He said I will never accept you as my wife you are just sticking even though I don't want you in my life. He is not eating food prepared by me , he is drinking at home,He even insulted me in public places like society restaurants. He is always indicating in his behaviour that if I don't accept whatever he says he will make my life hell. He is trying to make me emotionally down by  continuously saying that he will take away my daughter from me and divorce me.

dy before yesterday ( 21st April 2013) He got extremely angry over a small issue, that I asked him to continue staying on rent in the same flat which he wanted to buy, for few more months. He thrashed me when I was holding my daughter and both of us fell on sofa., He was using very abusive language and when I opposed not to give any bad words to me and my  family He slapped me very badly and my face was swollen I was in extreme pain. I even tried calling Police to help me, as I am all alone in this city with very young daughter it is very difficult for me to survive in such threatening and adverse conditions.

Please suggest me the way ahead as I don't want my daughter to be part of this suffering. I really love her a lot and am ready to take step for her well being.

I dont want to be in this relationship anymore, please let me know what legal actions should I take now, so that rights of my daughter are safeguarded and I get her custody

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

feel pity for the nightmare u hv passed.
do whet ur elders & lawyers advice u. most importantly what u wish.
best of luck in ur endevaor.

(Guest)

what makes him so angry on you? why shld he hate you? did you ever introspect?

I only saw one side of the story in your writeup. Anyway all the best.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     25 April 2013

contact a lawyer personally

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register