Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shovna Gupta   23 May 2018

Need Immediate Suggestions - Lost My Job Due To Management

Need suggestion of area experts.

I was working with a reputated MNC based out in India (Gurgaon) company registered in Delhi and the company is one of the pioneer companies in the world for 4 years.

Few months back, I was forced by my immediate manager to perform misconduct in my work to improve the team score percentage and my Sr. Manager was also supporting my manager's decision hence, I had no option than to perform what was being asked without knowing the repercussion. After couple of months, in company's internal audit that misconduct was caught and I was questioned by local HR team and internal investigation team based out in US. Before the meeting started I informed my Sr. Manager and HR has called me for a meeting and he guided me whatever HR says or ask me I should just be sure that I say I do not know anything and after the meeting he will take care of everything.

During the meeting HR and investigation team told me that the mistake I did comes under 'Zero tolerance' policy of company. However, based on my Sr. Manager's advise I told in meeting that I do not know how this happened on 9 cases as we work on thousand of cases in a given month so it could be a mistake. After the meeting I immediately informed my Sr. Manager about the topic and points of discussion of the meeting and he assured me that it is a small matter and happened earlier as well and he will take care; so I was rest assured.

After one week, my Sr. Manager asked me to join him in a meeting with HR where HR told me that I have been found guilty and have to resign from my job immediately and forced me to sign a Rs.100 stamp paper/ legal document and harrased me by saying that I cannot leave the room till I sign the document; I was literally shivering and in tears signed the document and my Sr. Manager did not say a word.

Later, I sent an email to senior leadership and HR with all the proofs I had that I was forced by my managers to do what I did (as it was saved in chat history.) After that senior leadership assured me that they will investigate; they took 3 months to investigate and found my managers guilty and asked them to leave the company. 

However, company HR is not willing to revert their decision and to take me back to work.

Is there a legal way, I can take this matter forward in Indian Judiciary as throughout my entire tenure I never did a single mistake in my work and because of one mistake which was forced on me by the management company just kicked me out?

Looking forward for expert opinions.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Jain   23 May 2018

you share your documents like offer letter, chats etc

at isidjain1@gmail.com.

regards,
Siddharth Jain, Advocate

at isidjain1@gmail.com.

regards,