LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sam   11 December 2022

Need help regarding fraud played by third party on my flat - society name transfered on his name.

-I am in uninterrupted possession of a flat since last 12 years. Original sale agreement made 12 years ago. It was disputed by the seller saying he did not sign on it and case is pending in metropolitian court. -Same seller has sold the flat to another person 3 years after my sale agreement (so around 10 years ago) and now after 10 years that other person has frauduelently got duplicate share certififcate issued and got membership transfered in his name by going to the deputy registrar. Soceity was dissolved and with help of administrator and some people he went behind my back and got his name transfered on the share certificate. -Original Share certificate is with me and was with me since last 10 years.My name was not transfered on share certificate and it always had previous owner's name. I was not made party to application at deputy registrar office. I am still in possession of the flat but the share certificate and society receipts have been transfered to his name. -I have been paying society maintaince since last few years, light meter also on my name. What can I do to get his name removed from share certificate and put back the name of original seller?

Property is situated in Mumbai


 1 Replies

sahithi reddy   18 December 2022

You should challenge the order that gave your opponent society receipts and share certificates in his name. You have adverse possession because you've had possession of the apartment for a while, which means you've won half the war.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query