Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikat Das Roy (Snr. manager)     26 May 2012

Need healp

Hello All,

I am residing in Mumbai on Rent. I want to apply fresh for passport. I need the NOC from my landlord on top of Rent agreement. Although my landlord is ready to provide the same to me but i am not sure about the format of NOC Letter.
Can somebody help me to find the format else i have to approach the passport agents which i do not want. Please share it to me, if you have any.

Thanks,
S D Roy

Learning

9 Replies

Divya Jyoti Jaipuriar (Advocate/ 09868002365)     26 May 2012

I donot think that you need any NOC from landlord. Please see the details on the website of passport office at https://passport.gov.in/cpv/checklist.htm. Further, you may give details of your landlord in the colomn where you need to give details of the persons in the locality who know you well.

Kannuru Appalanaidu (Advocate)     27 May 2012

i need articles on human rights.  can any one post articles, help me.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     27 May 2012

There is noting special about it: Just simply draft : I.....(Landlord's Name and his all the details including passport No. if he has otherwise not). Mu tenant....(your details) has applied for the Passport at Mumbai. I hereby certify that he is my tenant from.......(date) and I have no Objection if he is issued with thesame.

Regards

............... landlord

There are many things very simple but ignorance make it complicated hence advantage of agents.

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     27 May 2012

Normally passport authority do not need NOC from landlord.  But if your permanent address is in some other state or district then the verification is sent to that address but in that case also local verification is a must and sometimes when police or CID comes for verification then the landlord raise objection hence the problem and it is a fact faced by me. Though landlord's objection carries no value if Two respected (?) persons vouch for you. But remember if you are employed in Govt or public undertaking then please take NOC from them otherwise later on it would create problem for you.

Regards

vinod (DOCUMENTATION EXECUTIVE)     30 May 2012

Dear,

I too have the same problem, im staying on rent in XYZ co-operative housing society, and the agent through whom im applying for fresh passport requesting for NOC from the society.When i approached the society they requested a written application to be submitted by the room owner for the same,they accepted the same saying that they have to check it with their commitee members and lawyer too before issuing NOC letter.I have also given them the NOC from the police station which the society requested.

Can u pls advice on which ground they were saying that they have to check it with members & lawyers, im not asking NOC that it is my room, i want a letter stating that im staying in the subject room on rental basis. 

Sunil Rajora (financial advisor )     30 May 2012

Dear Sir

I want to know is it mandatory for travel insurance must show their premium on policy . specially travel insurance becouse international travel packages contain lots of services besides travel insurance like hotel voucher ,ticket,visa these all documents are legal and they dont have any prize tag seprately .so why only travel insurance need to carry thier premium on the policy . shall we remove it or not please take reference from IRDA  

please help me as soon as possible .

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     30 May 2012

Travel insurance is for your own benefit and hardly it matters if you even lose some hundred of Rupees but you can overcome many problems stored in the future. It is like carrying umbrella which may not be useful if it does not rain but it is not so heavy to carry along. Be wise and have it because eventualities not come by asking. You are wise enough to decide yourself.

Say for the NOCfrom landlord or house owner for Passport which some of the gentlemen had enquired; the answer is there are many laws in India which may not be mandatory but if  you are trapped into any then either the Govt. official could help ofcourse with the premium(Bribe) or touts are there to bail you out and the courts would come to rescue but then your age would be over for the requisite need of Passport. Be wise and do the needful but don't ever take the services of touts because ultimately you would be held responsible for anything done on the contrary.

Regards

siddhesh malvankar (coordinator)     25 December 2013

hi sir my name is siddhesh malvankar, i am graduate student. i want NOC for job but problem is currently i stay in my other house but don't have any address proof with my name where i am staying currently, so in such case what are the neccessary  steps should i take ( i have address proof where i am staying currently like  electricity bill, house no but my name is not there on anything which can be specify that i stay here)

Sir please give any solution on this, waiting for your reply

thank you

Neetu (NA)     01 September 2014

Hi Sir, 

I need to renew my passport, I have submitted all the related documents, but during the police verification they asked for NOC from landlord and unfortunately when i discussed the same with my landlord he denied to give the NOC letter.

Can you help me in understanding what are the possibilities now?How can I get my passport renewed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register