LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakhar Sharma   03 November 2018

Need guidance regarding

I'm a law student and need advice on a situation of my friend. A very close friend of mine was in relationship with a girl. They were both happy together, and even had mutual plans to marry in future, though their parents were unaware about this.
But gradually with time, the girl started liking her own project manager in her office and started shifting away from my friend. After a series of incidents wherein my friend caught both of them in un-expected situations, things got more worse.
After this, the girl with the guidance of her manager threatened my friend of stalking her and also threatened to register an official complaint of s*xual harassment against my friend, after which he is living under depression. Also, that girl has continuously been spreading rumours about my friend and left no stone unturned to defame my friend.
Since, the wave of feminism is all around, is there any legal way to tackle this situation. If yes, under what sections of IPC can my friend lodge a complaint against both of them, as he is being harassed for almost an year now.

Thanks in advance.

 5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     03 November 2018

Just concentrate on your studies, there is enough scope to poke your nose into "others" affairs or performing advocacy for them.

Prakhar Sharma   03 November 2018

Dear All, I'm not posting this for my self. This is a situation my friend is stuck in. Hence, I've just posted on behalf of him, as his parents are willing to explore some legal procedures. For everyone's info, I'm running in year 1 and indeed focusing on my stuffs only.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 November 2018

Then, advise your friend's parents to be in touch with local advocate, who can take real care and offer remedy in such cases.  Confine yourself to limited guidance as a friend and do not offer any professional advise, which you are not competent with.

Prakhar Sharma   03 November 2018

I'm not proviing then any sort of consultation or something, just because I came to know this forum, and the parents of my friends asked me to consult if we can really go ahead with legal procedures, I posted this here in this forum.

Shashi Dhara   03 November 2018

When Ur friends girl rejected him if he kept quite it was wise &general behaviour .but he has acted like fool. So she complained against him. advice Ur friend to compromise with her &think about his future life wisely neglecting past if hetakes it as prestige all i.e Ur friend his girl friend her new friend all will spoil their life with miserably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query