Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narendra Suryawanshi   07 August 2020

Need divorce and what will it cost men

I recently married to girl against my will coz of my parents. Since my marriage I'm just fighting with my wife and we exchange heated conversation and allegations. We never done anything which supposed to happen between married couples. I don't have any feelings, emotions towards her and since I don't have feelings I have not allowed her in my bedroom. Since day 1 I admitted that this marriage was against my will she started arguing, acting badly with my Mom, sister and doing domestic work purposely wrong way to pissed my parents. I'm having feeling that this relationship will not work for long run and I'm also worried to go in legal way as this will broke me financially, mentally and lot of hated words from family. Need help to deal with this separation process with less damage as I'm not from well doing family and cannot call my self even middle class person.

Please guide me here.

 5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 August 2020


Not doing anything which supposed to happen between married couples is itself cruelty. Discuss the real issue by involving parents and settle dispute with amicable solution. For divorce by mutual consent you have to complete 1 year of marriage. You can file divorce on the ground of cruelty. Contact local advocate for filing divorce application.


rajuchowdappa   07 August 2020

As you query, you have consult a local advocate for your amicable solution between you and your wife. After analysing the statements with both. we can go for the separation of the marrigate or dissolve the marriage happened between both.


So, if you need any further legal assistance, you can reply to me.

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     08 August 2020

Try to resolve the issues amicably with the help of both families.

However, if you have decided and you donot want to continue the relations it is advisable to engage a local prudent lawyer for annulment of marriage, if the marriage has not been consumated i.e., not had any physical relations till date.

If you are located in Delhi/ NCR and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) at Chamber No 647, Layer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 Cell # +91 9891152939 email:

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 August 2020

The facts posted do not suggest no grounds on which you are entitled to seek divorce except, of course, divorce by mutual consent. 

Narendra Suryawanshi   15 August 2020

Can I go for annulment to void this marriage. If yes then what is a process to accomplish this. Will this help me to separation process and how long it will take. Please guide.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query