LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raviteja komaravolu   27 May 2023

Need advise on property i have sold 7 years back

I have sold a plot to a buyer 7 years ago. The land is on my father':s name. At the time of selling, my father is no more and we submitted his death certificate. In addition, my mother, myself and my sister submitted aadhaar and signed on the sale deed. Now, the buyer is calling us daily to submit legal heir/family member certificate. He is saying he needs it for bank loan (to build a house in the plot) and will proceed legally if I don't co-operate or submit certificate . Can you please advise if I have any legal liability from the buyer, as I don't have legal heir/family member certificate


 3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     27 May 2023

You can obtain legal heir certificate from the Tahsildar. It is important to him. After getting it give him a copy. It may be necessary to you also in future.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 May 2023

Although legally you are not obliged to provide LR certificate of deceased to the vendee of property purchased 7 years ago, yet if you want to help him, it is better to provide a copy.

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     28 May 2023

Sale deed was signed by you your mother and your sister but the records had the name of your father hence you need to provide the same to the purchaser

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register